Monday, January 11, 2016

Trust In The Lord!

Elder Rodriguez & Elder Pukahi

January 11, 2016


Week 10


Hola, mi familia & friends!
Thank you for the quote from Elder Dale G. Renlund. I needed it. Man, I wish I could meet him and share my testimony, too...
I’ve really grown just these last two months in learning the power of a testimony. A testimony is that strong powerful knowledge that you know in your heart. I’ve seen many people lose theirs. I lost mine for a little bit in high school because I wasn’t testifying of the knowledge I knew. If we just sit around and let our testimony die and not help it grow, we are going to stay in the same place until we decide to change. AND that place is not a happy place. The only time we are truly happy is when we are trying, really trying to become closer to Christ. He is the one that truly makes us happy. Through him, we receive true happiness. So I am happy that you had a great Family Home Evening, sharing your testimonies. I know it was powerful.
I thank you guys so much. For everything!! My heart is so full of gratitude every time I start thinking of you. I am thankful to my Heavenly Father and Yes, I am thankful for you, too, Jamison!
Okay, so… I got transferred to Cumbres, which is the border area to my first area. My companion (Elder Rodriguez) is awesome. He’s so funny, and he helps me A LOT!  He’s from Honduras, and he speaks very, very little English. So let’s just say this week has been just… GREAT!  Okay…my Spanish has been alright. I mean, I can understand like 75% of what people are saying so WOOOOH! But everyday it’s getting better and better, so I have that to be grateful for.
So my companion came only three weeks before I came to this area, so our amount of investigators is very little. But this week we worked really hard, so we’re getting there. We have a baptism hopefully this week, Karla, but if not this week the next week after that.
It’s been crazy because when I was in my trio, I didn’t have to talk as much and that was awesome because I couldn’t really speak Spanish, so it worked out. But NOW I have to speak more and my great companion makes me speak more, which I am thankful for, it’s just hard. The hard part is I know how to teach but I can’t understand everything, and everybody can’t understand me. But what I learned this week, is to TRUST IN THE LORD. If you start doubting in God and trusting in yourself, you won’t succeed. Because it is through the Spirit that changes a person’s heart. God is the one that is speaking—not me. I have to remember that. So we can trust in the Lord more, but we have to act. If we are scared and don’t act upon our faith, WE CAN’T ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING! And we aren’t the people the Lord needs.
This work is true. I promise you that. It’s the best thing, hearing and seeing your investigators change and want to come closer to our Father in Heaven and to our Savior. It changes you. I know this gospel is true. And everybody should know that.
Thank you for everything you do for me! I love you with all my heart!
Nos vemos!

- Elder Pukahi


Elder Pukahi siting on Christmas Video on Mission Facebook
Click Here to Review

No comments:

Post a Comment