Monday, September 19, 2016

Happy Birthday Everyone!

Our name tags
September 19, 2016
WEEK 46
MY FAMILY!  HAPPPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAY!!!!!!!
I LITERALLY FORGOT! Not going to lie—Dad, Carlton, Josh and Jessica… Jessica, just lucky for me that your birthday is a little later but I totally forgot. Half way through this week, I don’t remember exactly what we were doing but I looked at my watch and realized, wait, it’s September and everything and then BAM—everyone’s BIRTHDAYS... and well... yeah. And now I’m here saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!
So… as I said last week, it was a little loco and it’s been about the same this week. We’ve been all around here and there this whole week. My district is actually in another area and I have sisters in my district so when I want to verify their work and everything, me and my companion have to go together and stay with them. But when we do, we lose that time to work in our area…I guess that’s life.
But EVERYTHING IS GREAT!  Well… even if this week was hard… I swear that I’ve never been REJECTED SO MANY TIMES EVER like what happened this week! I feel bad for Elder Salazar because it’s been a little rough but at the same time, it was really weird... Because… EVERYTIME somebody rejected us, I was happy. I don’t know but maybe my mindset has changed so that’s good.
On a tower in Rio Bravo
TODAY we had a sports day again! The zones from RIO BRAVO and REYNOSA went to the Mission offices and played a lot of sports and got a little wet, so when I get pictures of the activity I’ll send you some!
This last week, I spoke in Sacrament meeting about a lot of things but mainly I talked about MOMMY AND DADDY and what I have learned from you. Like I mentioned before, the Branch is kind of dead. This last Sunday we only had 40ish members but had 20ish investigators and converts come to church.... That just shows you that the members are not working and helping each other. So I’m really trying to make this branch a missionary branch but it’s going to take some work. But as I spoke about you and everything that we’ve gone through, we could just feel the spirit. A lot of the members were crying.
After the meeting, the members now want to support us so we’ll see what happens this week. But it’s all because of you guys. MY PARENTS ARE THE BOMB! You have been the greatest example and I love you guys sooo much! Thank you for everything that you have given me and how much you both have sacrificed for me! I LOVE YOU GUYS!
Well, I LOVE the mission! You already know!

- Elder Pukahi

No comments:

Post a Comment