Monday, September 5, 2016

This Week Was Awesome!!

Met up with my old MTC companion at the big meeting.  Elder McGary

September 5, 2016
WEEK 44
Dear mi familia y amigos,
This week was awesome!!  But I some unexpected news… My good old companion, Elder Cox, is leaving me already to go be a trainer in another area. And so I will again be… training. ALSO, for the first time in the last two years, we are going to have sister missionaries in Rio Bravo and they are in my district. YEAH! But nothing will change for me. I’m still training, still district leader, so it’s going to be fun. I have no idea yet who my new companion is so, I will tell you the next time!
But we were able to do a lot of things this week. So, like I mentioned to Dad in his email last week, I was invited to go to a big meeting with the Zone Leaders, which happened this week. We talked about the success of the mission and everything. It was really cool and I learned a lot. But it was actually pretty intense. The assistants (AP’s) show the results of the mission to everyone and they pretty much say "Good Job" to the zones that have baptized a lot and for the people that haven’t, they “planched” them why they haven’t had success and everything.
I realized in my mission that we all want success and are working together to make it happen. So we will strive to be the servants that God needs. We’ve lost a lot of missionaries these last two months so as a mission we are hurting a little bit, but we are thankfully getting the same results. At the meeting, I got the chance to talk to my good old father, ELDER MULLINS. He’s an AP now! We have 6 assistants in my mission, which is unusual. I also got to see my old MTC companion, Elder McGary.
AND the president is in LOVE with the ukulele. Anytime I am with him, he wants me to bring my ukulele! This weekend the general authority over our area will actually be visiting our mission and he wants us to SING for him with the ukulele.... so I will let you know how that goes.
Sadly, we didn’t have baptisms this last week. Because of the meeting, we lost a couple of days to work. Also, the investigators that we have right now are not progressing enough to be baptized. I will let you know what happens this next week.
I love you all! The mission is awesome!  Also, if any of you have questions, I can answer them. Just email me.
- Elder Pukahi


Marisol, she's an investigator.  We are teaching her English.

No comments:

Post a Comment