Friday, November 13, 2015

The Gospel Is True!


Personas from left to right. Elder Horne, Elder Oakeson (literally my twin), Elder De Friez (My new compañero), Hermana Carlson, Hermana Bigley, Hermana Nielson, Hermana Lange, Elder Clawson, MEEEEEEEE, Elder McGary (Mi compañero)

November 12, 2015


Mexico MTC WEEK 1


Dear Mom! Family!,

The Gospel is true! Here at the CCM (Mexico MTC), the Espirtu Santo is so strong. I have much to say in so little time.
First things first…MEXICO IS SICKKKKK! The bus ride over to the MTC was coooool. The people are very interesting, and Mexico City is ALWAYS PARTYING but I love everyone here at the CCM and mi maestros. They all live here in Mexico City and are very strong in the gospel and help me so much.
The first couple days were hard, but they were totally worth it. We taught an investigator on our 2nd day here in Spanish. That was so hard! But I have realized if you have the Spirit with you, and if the investigator can feel it, it doesn’t matter how much Spanish you know. You can still communicate and share what that investigator needs to hear.
BUT LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT SUNDAYS… I don’t think I have ever been so happy to have a Sunday—the Spirit is so strong, and it helps reassure you why you are out here, serving a mission.
Elder McGary
Now about my District and mi compañero… Mi compañero is Elder McGary. He was actually my first amigo off the plane from SLC to LAX. I walked off the plane, and he was right next to me. Of course, all of us were a little awkward and all because we’re new missionaries… lol. But guess what? HE´S GOING TO REYNOSA. The very first person I meet off the plane is going to my mission, and when it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be...am I right?!?!?!  Me and him get along so well – esta perfecto!
My district is THE BEST!  Everyone has such a sweet spirit and is so kind and loving. I literally call them mi familia. But quick story…This last Tuesday we had a devotional from Elder Reyes of the Area of the Seventy. He talked about Zion and how we, as missionaries, have to be worthy, and we have to be one in everything we do. Then later that day, we have devotional review, which is when we just talk about the devotional and talk about whatever the Spirit leads us. So during the devotional review, we talked about everything, and what truly hit me was that we – as a companionship, as a district, as a zone, as a MTC, and as a family – need to be "as one heart and as one mind". If we can be as one heart and one mind, then we can all stop focusing on ourselves and be like our Savior and put all our time and effort to build Zion! I can promise you guys, I am trying my hardest and with all my heart to be what God needs me to be!
My district LOVES ME… lol…jk. I probably annoy them because I’m singing all the time and say "LO TENEMOS" all the time…but I love them with all my heart. AND let me tell you, I have never cried so much until the CCM. It’s not because I’m sad or overwhelmed, even though at times I really am. It’s because the Spirit is very strong, and you just want to share your testimony with everyone. I literally say I Love You so much to everyone that everyone is getting sick of me.
But… today is SAD, one of our Elders went home today—Elder C. It’s like a part of my heart and our family is being ripped out from us. But we know that it is the right thing to do. I have so much respect for him, and I love him with all my heart. Elder C is so courageous and special to me. BUT REMEMBER, YOU HAVE TO BE WORTHY AND READY TO SERVE A MISSION. That’s all I can say. The Spirit is so strong and if you don’t have the spirit with you, you will feel like you’re literally drowning and the only way to survive is to Look Towards Christ.
The language is coming. It’s hard because all I think in right now is Spanish. So typing right now was really hard. I am so thankful for the gift of tongues and how the Spirit will bring things unto remembrance. I have tons way to go, but I know if you just put your whole faith and trust in the Lord, HE WILL PROVIDE!
I wish I could write more but I gotta go play some fútbol!!!  WOOOOOOOOOO!
I love you guys so much. I love everyone here in the CCM. I love GOD and ALL he has given me. Please thank him every day for the many blessings you have!
From your favorite son, brother, and everything possibly imaginable,


Elder Pukahi

No comments:

Post a Comment