Thursday, November 19, 2015

This Week Was Way Good!

Another Group Shot with Funny Poses
November 19, 2015


HI, FAMILY!
This week was way good! But let me just say something… Last week was crazy. After I emailed you, my whole district was depressed, and it was weird because EVERYONE is usually happy. So it was a little hard trying to help them and get their spirits up. But GOD CARES ABOUT EACH ONE OF US. We had something.... I don’t remember what it was… but it talked about the reason why we are here, and that we all have talents, and it was everything my district needed to get started again. I’m doing awesome, though.
OKAY, ABOUT MY COMPANIONS—yes, companions! I am now a trio. Since last week an Elder went home (which I mentioned in my last letter), we were blessed with another companion. And it was perfect timing because once we got him, within an hour we had to teach our investigator. It was fun. If one of us didn’t listen to the Spirit and the needs of our investigator, we were toast! But what I learned from this experience was if you just trust in the Lord and really listen for the Spirit, you have done your part.
My companions are Elder McGary (whose going to my mission that I talked about) and Elder De Friez – both from Utah. Elder McGary went to American Fork High School and graduated my year. It is awesome because he knows all the kids I played soccer with. Elder De Friez is from somewhere in Emery County... I think. Lo siento [I’m sorry]. But they are awesome, and we are connecting really well. BUT LET ME JUST SAY-- They love my singing. LOL.
Sundays are the best. I think Jessica was the one that told me that and it’s the truest thing in the world. Just no matter how hard the week is when you get to Sunday, you can just feel the spirit tremendously and all your burdens are lifted away. It’s pretty nice.
So I heard France got bombed?!?!! WHAT?!?!?!
Anyway, I have had an awesome time here in the CCM. Why I say that is because even though the teachers are helping us, we are helping them. Sharing our testimonies every day is the best and it helps each one of us. One of my teachers, Hermana Silva, lost her father two weeks ago, and we only got to chat a little, not very much, but man, I just know we will have an awesome talk. I CAN’T WAIT!
Spanish is coming. It’s hard and easy at the same time (well, CCM Spanish. LOL.) I know it’s nothing compared to the field, but hey, at least I’m learning. It’s awesome because when you have the Spirit, it brings everything unto your remembrance and it totally helps with memorization.
There’s so much to say but so little time… I love each and every one of you.
WAIT… one more thing. The best chocolate candy things in the world are called "buenos". Coleson, Carlton, Cody, do you know what they are?!?!  Oh, and Coleson, there’s all these maestros [teachers] who know you because you served in their ward and they remember you. They say I act and look sort of like you so I’m taking that as a good thing.... right? LOL
Oh, and Adrian, I found your brother but every time we see each other, neither one of us has our camera. So I promise I will get one before he leaves on Monday!
Love you, family!
De su favorito hijo,
Elder Pukahi

p.s. Everyone loves my middle name-- thanks padres!

No comments:

Post a Comment