Monday, May 1, 2017

This Week Was Filled With Spiritual Blessings

Elder Depeel and I
December 5, 2016

WEEK 57
Dear mi familia y amigos,
This week was great. It was filled with many spiritual lessons, many times not sleeping in my own bed, getting to know all the Elders in my new zone, and my goodness! My area is HUGE and so ghetto. It's awesome.
Well, this week we had to do a lot of splits and all that great stuff so me and my companion had no time to work in our own area. But the time we did, we found many, many miracles.
First, Francisca, she's an old woman. How we found her was through a reference from a member. It's her best friend. Well, we went to go talk with her and she left her house smiling and all that, but when we started talking with her, she began to cry. She told us, "I knew you guys were going to be coming, I was waiting for you." So we taught her. She came to church this week and is excited to get baptized. She's awesome. She's going to start feeding us. So fooooddd, yeah! But more importantly, she's wonderful and I'm very, very thankful to God that we were allowed to help and find her. Just very grateful!
Second, Graciella, she's a single mom with two kids. Her husband passed away about a year ago. She actually had been listening to the missionaries for 6 months already and she still hadn't gotten baptized. The reason is because she moved and couldn't find the missionaries again. But she prayed to find them. And somehow, we were lucky enough to do that. She should be getting baptized really soon.
Third, the family Montoya Martinez, who is a mom and her two kids. The father lives in Monterrey, but the mom Carmen, is awesome. She's read and read the Book of Mormon and loves it. The kids are going to all the church activities. I don't know how we were so blessed to find them. They are awesome. And will be baptized shortly.
This week was filled with miracles. We even have other people who are just as awesome and should be getting baptized shortly.  So I will keep you guys updated.
And YES, I forgot to mention last week who my new companion is…Elder Depeel. He’s from Canada and the model of the mission. I'm probably going to kill him. [What missionaries say if their companion goes home.] He doesn't have a lot of time left in the mission, so we'll see what happens.
We still got a lot of work to do so we'll keep you updated. "You can't do things just to do them, you have to want to do it to have true success."
Have a great week!

- Elder Pukahi

No comments:

Post a Comment