Monday, March 14, 2016

Thank You For Your Birthday Wishes!

Elder Pukahi
March 14, 2016


WEEK 19
Thank you for your birthday wishes but no, I didn’t get the package. Stop worrying, Mom. They didn’t go today to pick up packages so I will get it later, maybe this week. My birthday is tomorrow, so I’ll let you guys know what I’m going to be doing for that. But I’ll give you just a little sneak peak.... WORK!! Yup, we’re just always working. But I think a member made me a cake, so I’ll send you pics if things get interesting.

This is from my birthday and this time
they didn't smash my face in it--that was nice!
Side Note: I found out from Coleson that in Mexico
 that is a tradition...to smoosh the birthday
person's face in the cake
First, I just want to say that I’m not training my new companion, I’m just training him in this area that is new to him, introducing him to the ward members, investigators, etc. But he has more time out in the mission than I do. So yeah, maybe I didn’t clarify that in my past email very well. Sorry.
That is so awesome to hear about Adrian and Kris’s wedding. It’s weird but I’m so happy that she is happy. And Yo’anna and Coleson look so happy and tired…lol…but mainly happy. Glad to hear about their baby blessing and to see everyone. You guys have no idea how much I pray for happiness in our home and in the lives of my family. THANK YOU FOR SENDING PICTURES: that was the best part...not going to lie!!
My companion is awesome. He has 15 months in the mission but again... he’s a bigger Jamison. So just imagine what he’s like. And don’t worry, Mom, we are always speaking Spanish. It’s sometimes harder to speak English, especially trying to teach in English which we did this week in one of our lessons. One of our investigators likes to speak in English more so we had the lesson in English but what was funny was that my companion and I kept on switching from English to Spanish in the middle of the sentences. Man... the gift of tongues struggle, am I right?
We still have 6 Elders living in the house. My companion and another Elder are the only new ones. Hopefully I can grab a picture of all of us later.
So this week was frustrating because there were some outside sources that were making teaching and preaching a whole lot harder. One is the rain and the other is something that I’m not going to say. So work this week was a little frustrating but it was good.
I think the hardest thing about the mission is learning to love someone so much just from the first contact, and KNOWING with all your heart the message that you hold can literally change the life of this person, and they look at you with eyes, telling you to help them and their mouth says No. And then they close the door. It’s one of the most frustrating things. But the crazy part is that we all do a degree of this, and Christ he never gets frustrated or mad. He continues to love, which I’m learning how to do.
But without a doubt, I know that God does things for a reason. It’s amazing to me how much he is in our lives. Just hearing the many stories and seeing the pictures of how you guys are doing at home helps me realize how much my Heavenly Father has blessed my life. Every day he blesses me. I think the main principle I’ve learned this week is humility. This week I’ve been thinking of how much God has given me. I see so many people here that have way bigger problems than I ever had in my life and still have. People who don’t have anything. I think one of the greatest blessings that God has given me is to have been born in this gospel. SOOOO many people don’t have the chance to even know the Gospel and understand it and that’s why their lives are the way it is. But me.... God was merciful enough that I could be born into a family that knows this Gospel and can receive the blessing that he has to give. I never understood how great I have it. I now understand and know that I’m sincerely grateful for everything that God has given me—even all the things bad that happened in my life. Because I now know it was for a reason. And now I get to share this knowledge with the people who are ready for it because there are many people in this world but few are ready to understand the truth.
Thank you, family, and thank you, everyone. You all have been one of the greatest blessings in my life and I just want you guys to know that I love you with all my heart and sincerely want you to be happy.
Have a great week!!!

- Elder Pukahi




No comments:

Post a Comment