Monday, March 7, 2016

I Have A New Companion!

March 7, 2016

WEEK 18
ELDER ADAMS! He’s my new companion. He is awesome. He’s from GOOD OLD Loa, Utah—the town out in Narnia. lol. It’s so interesting with him. Our time together is never boring, but he reminds me of Carlton and Jamison. For example, for the first half of the first day we were together (our P-day), we talked about Pokemon, and the second half of the day, we talked about Avatar the Last Airbender. So automatically, you know we get along!
But he’s very interesting. Much like Jamison, he was very jealous that I got the chance to play Destiny... cough cough…JAMISON. So yeah. I love my new companion!  But don’t get me wrong, he may act like an older Jamison but when he talks to people about the gospel, he’s incredible!! He’s one of the people that wears his heart on his sleeve. Man... I’m learning a lot from him. So yeah... that’s my companion.
This week was frustrating. Actually this whole past month has been frustrating. So here’s what’s been happening… We will work hard, find investigators, teach them everything, and then suddenly, SATAN puts his stinking hand in their lives and then they leave us and don’t want anything to do with the gospel anymore. SO yeah.... But with Elder Adams, we are going to be trying things a lot different this month so hopefully we will find success in a new way.
For example, we could work hard and hard and hard and hard and find people to teach but these people aren’t the people that God has been preparing and sometimes it’s in his time. As missionaries, we are trying to think like our Father in Heaven and have him lead us to those certain people that he has prepared…which can be hard. But again, Elder Adams and I are thinking of new ways to effectively find these people.
I just want to bare my testimony of how important the Spirit is in the conversion of our investigators and the gifts of the Spirit. First, the Gift of Tongues is real. I wouldn’t have been able to do everything that I have accomplished so far without this wonderful gift. And I know that it is true and real. Secondly, the Gift of the Holy Ghost is incredible. Yesterday during a lesson, we had the opportunity to teach this awesome guy, Angel. Since it was our first lesson with him, we had no idea what to teach him and everything. We went in and he was there with his friend (who is a member). After we talked a little to get to know them, we prayed and started the lesson. The truth is that every time my companion was teaching or talking, I was just listening and had NO IDEA what to say and EVERY TIME it was my turn when I opened my mouth, it was filled with words that I know we're not mine. Afterwards, my companion and I talked and he told me it was literally the same for him.
The mission is pretty cool, just saying! I love you guys so much. Have a great week and if you need something, just know I’m there in heart!

- Elder Pukahi

No comments:

Post a Comment