Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!!!

June 20, 2016

WEEK 33
HI, FAMILY & FRIENDS!
Elder Pukahi & Elder Sigundo
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY, DADDY!!
I’M GOING TO WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS BECAUSE TENGO FLOJERA. I DON’T REMEMBER WHAT THAT MEANS IN ENGLISH BUT IT DOESN’T MATTER.
I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!! I GOT THE PACKAGE AND I LOVED IT!! I LOVED IT WITH ALL MY HEART! MY COMPANIONS ALREADY ATE THE PEACH RINGS AND THEY KEEP TRYING TO BEG FOR MY FRUITY PEBBLES BUT PLEASE… THEY AREN’T GOING TO TOUCH MY FRUITY PEBBLES! DO THEY EVEN KNOW ME?!?!! WELL, THEY DONT KNOW ME LIKE YOU GUYS DO!
Okay, I’ll write regularly now. It’s because everyone who speaks Spanish speaks with caps. No se porque… I don’t know why but yeah.... Sorry, it’s really hard to write right now. I’m having a hard time switching from Spanish to English.
This week the president came again. We found a great load of people so that was really good because we’ve been praying and fasting for these people but how we found them was so funny! So I have an addiction… BOLIS which is the Spanish word for popsicles, but here in Mexico, they make BOMB popsicles! It’s not even funny. But I have an addiction and I got my companion addicted as well…lol!  That’s what happens when we are together for 24 hours each and every day. It happens!
So how we found these people was on the hottest day this week. We bought a huge amount of popsicles throughout the day, and so every time we found a popsicle place, we would start talking to the person. Then suddenly we would start teaching them and they accepted everything. It was such a weird and funny day/week but it was a good one!
Thank you guys so much for the books! I’ve been reading a lot lately. It’s one of my favorite things in the world. It’s weird how much the mission changes a lot of things. Knowledge literally is power.
But what I had the funnest time doing this week was testifying. This week like every week, we ran into a lot of people that are just chays. They don’t want anything to do with the Gospel but think they know everything, and so they tell us that we are wrong. And when we ask them a simple question like what is faith, they can’t even reply. I feel so sad for these people because they are literally lost and they have too much pride to even listen. It’s hard to watch that…
(Chay is a word that’s only used in my mission. We use it to describe a lot of things like when people are not going to progress and just make up a whole bunch of excuses and stuff like that. We use it in many different other cases.)
This one lady was telling us that we are false and everything because we believe in the Book of Mormon. I had a Book of Mormon in my hand and she told me if I had a Bible in my hand instead of the Book of Mormon she would listen to us. So we took out our Bibles and started talking to her. She had a very hard heart but as I put away my Bible in my bag, she said, “Don’t put it away. It’s the word of God.” And that’s when we just started testifying.
THE BOOK OF MORMON IS THE WORD OF GOD!! I know it to be true. No other church compares to how true our church is. We have a witness that our church is true and that the Book of Mormon is true, and the saddest thing in the whole entire world is that the people could receive a whole bunch of blessings if only they would READ THE BOOK! I know the church is true with all my heart.
I love you guys!!!  Thanks for being my family.
- Elder Pukahi

No comments:

Post a Comment