Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Independence Day Everyone! We Have Freedom!

Elder Segundo last night modeling his clothes
July 4, 2016
WEEK 35
Dear Mi Familia & Mi Amigos,
I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I cannot even declare that enough times. My words literally can’t describe how much. Seeing your emails makes me so happy, Mom. And seeing you smile is all I need! So KEEP SMILING and having fun.
TODAY’S INDEPENDENCE DAY! I had no idea! I totally forgot. I wasn’t even thinking about that. WELL.... HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, EVERYONE! WE HAVE FREEDOM!
Jamison is growing up so fast.... Every time I receive an email from you guys, he is more different!!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! Time is going by so fast. Today I have just completed 8 months... I still feel like I just arrived!!!! It’s so crazy how fast the time has gone by. When people told me before the mission that I needed to enjoy the mission because time will go by so fast, THEY WEREN’T KIDDING!  It’s so crazy!
But guess what!!! I HAVE CHANGES! ELDER SEGUNDO, my companion, will be leaving!!!!!! 😭
God always has a greater plan, but it just stinks because we are having success!!!!! The life of the mission, what it does to you! But I’m going to be getting another companion, Elder Perez. He’s about to die (which means he’s about to finish his mission). He’s from Peru....that’s about all I know about him, so I will let you guys know more later.
This week was literally so cool. We have seen many of the blessings that Heavenly Father has given us. As I work more and more in the mission, I realize as missionaries, we do so much but actually we really do nothing. God literally has his hand in every moment. For example, this week we found a woman we started talking to after I spotted a cool tie. We started talking to her about the church and everything and well, we found out that she was going to baptized in the ocean Saturday with another church. We talked with her like Tuesday... Well, we bore our testimonies and everything and we taught her what is the truth. And well, she came to church yesterday.... She did get baptized on Saturday but she came to our church to find out what did we mean when we told her that she needed to be baptized by someone who has authority. Well... I’ll keep you guys informed of what happens. But she’s just one of many people and we literally did nothing. Oh, how merciful God is!
Well, a lot of things happened this week but I can’t really remember because my brain hurts speaking in English!
I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!
- Elder Pukahi

P.S.  Okay, one last story.... Last night we started packing my companion’s clothes and everything. My companion has a little addiction, too, and that is clothing! He loves to buy clothes. So we found out that he has a TON of clothes that he NEVER even uses, so.... you guys already know that I had to try on every piece of clothing he had, and of course, I was modeling. It’s who I am! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment