Friday, December 11, 2015

A Lot Has Happened This Week, It's Crazy, Crazy, Crazy!!!

Elder Pukahi - Mexico City Temple
December 10, 2015

MTC WEEK 5


New Mailing Address after Monday:

Abelardo Morales Mendez
ATTN: (Elder Pukahi)
701 N. International Blvd
STE 101-1511
Hidalgo, TX 78557


HI, FAM!
A lot has happened this week, it’s crazy, crazy, crazy!!!
We went to the temple today!! So I don’t have a lot of time to write because there’s a lot to do. But the Mexico City temple is so beautiful!
I recommend that everyone should go to the temple this upcoming week because it brings so much peace to our lives. It’s just beautiful, and it was especially nice going right before I leave to Reynosa. Oh yeah, did I mention…
I’M GOING TO REYNOSA ON MONDAY!
The reason I’m overly excited is because yesterday I had an awesome experience. I talked with a man named Alfonso who lived in REYNOSA. It was during TRC (that’s where we teach volunteers, and we explain how they can receive revelation better, but it’s these people who are usually God given Saints, so it mainly consists of us talking and bearing our testimony, WHICH I LOVE!
Alfonso is a friend of my teacher from his mission. When he came in, we started talking, trying to get to know him. So we’re all like ¿De donde usted? and he says, "Reynosa". Then me and my companion, Elder McGary, turn to each other and start freaking out…lol. But we got talking with him and he’s awesome. After the lesson, we talked with him some more about Reynosa and the people, the weather, just everything! It got me soooo excited. There’s a reason for everything. If you don’t see it now, you can later. I’m so excited to go, even though, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO SPEAK THE LANGUAGE, or teach or really anything! BUT I know if I just trust in my Lord, my Savior, Jesucristo, I can do anything.
And that leads me to my next topic – Jesucristo!
On Sunday we watched the First Presidency’s Christmas Devotional, and it was awesome because WE COULD LISTEN TO MUSIC!! Did I cry? Yes. Am I ashamed? Not really because music just hits the soul.
But during this whole week we’ve talked and talked about CHRIST. I mean, yes, I know it’s the Christmas season, which makes me even more happy, but Christ is EVERYTHING! He’s the reason we can be happy, the reason we can fill joy, the reason this gospel is alive and striving, and the reason WE ARE ALIVE is because of CHRIST.
Christ is our Savior. And I know this time of year is hard for our family. Actually that’s part of the reason why I cried so much, just remembering all the bittersweet memories. But remembering those memories made me even more excited about leaving and preaching this gospel. Those memories are hard and sad, but they are also filled with so much LOVE, specifically CHRIST’S LOVE. And as a family we have been blessed and blessed being able to feel that great and powerful love. And that’s why I’m here. I’m here to bring people unto Christ. SO THEY CAN FEEL THAT LOVE.
In our devotional we had on Tuesday, he asked us the question, "Why did you decide to be a missionary?" and I thought....and thought....and thought. He actually had us think for 5 minutes, thinking about our reason. And my reason came to me…and I want to share this with you, but I sort of don’t because it’s from deep in my heart BUT I feel I should so that you may understand why I am here and for you guys to understand WHY WE NEED TO SERVE.
The reason I’m here in the mission field is because I realized how thankful I am to my God. He has given me everything, and what I learned from our experience with Josh is that God can easily take things away. And the amazing part is He does that because He LOVES us. He loves us so much and the only way I know I can give back is to serve. SERVE HIM and bring people unto him.
I love you guys so much!!! It’s crazy to think that this Monday I am flying to Reynosa. Also, nobody goes to Reynosa. For the past 6 weeks, nobody has flown out to Reynosa from the CCM. And there’s only three of us leaving—Me, Elder McGary and a Latino. It’s going to be an adventure!
I’m so happy to be here. I’m happy with the things going on at home. I love you all soooo much!!!!!
FELIZ NAVIDAD!
- Elder Pukahi
p.s. Carlton & Cody, the guy that made your scripture cases who works here says HOLA!

p.s.s. I expect PICS FROM THIS CHRISTMAS!!! AND BE HAPPY!!!

My companions and Hermana Bigley in background
My Great District and Hermano Canadian,
who is chilling in the front


No comments:

Post a Comment