Monday, May 2, 2016

I HAVE CAMBIOS! I'm Transferring To Matamoros!


Picture of Josh at his baptism with his brother and grandparents.


May 2, 2016
WEEK 26


Dear Family & Friends,
Well, my investigators are awesome! And I can tell you guys stories of them when I get back BUT I have some news. I HAVE CAMBIOS! Transfers!!!! I’m getting transferred tomorrow to Matamoros! It’s another city really, really close to the border of Texas but by the Gulf of Mexico. I’m going to be there with Elder Sigundo, who is from Mexico. I’m now going to be senior companion but I’ve felt like senior companion the whole entire time I’ve been here in Cumbres, so it’s not that big of a difference…lol. But I can tell you guys more about Elder Sigundo WHEN WE SKYPE! So YES, we get to Skype, but I have no idea how that’s going to go down now. I’ll be in a whole new area. We’ll still Skype. I just don’t know at what time.


But about this last week!!! WE HAD A BAPTISM! WOOAAHH! And we are going to have 6 or 7 more this upcoming two weeks, but sadly, I’m not going to be HERE! Everyone tells me once you’re right about to have success, they change you! lol. That would happen to me. But I’m excited to get working in Matamoros and to start building up the area! Wooahh.


We have been blessed these last three weeks and found people who have been prepared from the Lord. I wish I could tell you all everything about these investigators but I just don’t have time but I’ll send photos of the baptism! The kid who we baptized is named JOSHUA! He’s 9 and his grandparents are members of the church, so they were really happy to see him get baptized!


This week I learned that God works in a special way... He sent me in this area and I grew to love EVERYONE. It’s a love I cannot really describe. It was hard saying goodbye to everyone.... but I’m excited to see what God has planned for me! I know that this work is from God and that our church is true!


Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! I’m glad you guys got to go for a night up in Salt Lake. And I’m so happy for Paul. That’s awesome that he’s getting married. Give him my wishes!!! and love!

- Elder Pukahi

Here is a picture of the chalkboard we wrote for Josh #ironman!

(Chalkboard drawings are something that is done out in the mission field in most missions today. Because missionaries do not have money, it is their way to decorate or add something personal for their investigator.)


No comments:

Post a Comment